Enjoying Birthday Party

Enjoying Birthday Party
I love being 2 digits-way too much make up

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In Memory Of Oscar

On March 26, 2010 we received the unfortunate news that our dear little friend Oscar Soriano had passed away. We first met Oscar in the hospital on the day that Leila was diagnosed with Leukemia. Leila and Oscar quickly became friends, and Oscar was by Leila's side when she received her first chemotherapy treatments. We continued to see Oscar at Leila's weekly chemo clinic visits as well as Candlelighters events. Oscar and Leila enjoyed calling each other and checking up on each other. Oscar was also in treatment for Leukemia and had to have a bone marrow transplant. He made it through all of that and was doing fine for the year following his transplant. He suddenly became ill with an infection and was admitted to PICU. The infection shut down many of his organs and he could no longer fight it. We are all deeply saddened by his loss and will never forget him. He was a kind and loving boy who brought joy to everyone who knew him. We will miss you Oscar!

1 comment:

Minette Quiroz said...

Hello.
This is Minette, Oscar's aunt. I'm not quite sure if you remember me or not. I was the one who thanked you for everything you had done for my little Oscar while you knew him. This was at his funeral. I just want to thank you again for being such a great family and caring much for my nephew. We always have your family and Leila on our minds. My mom would like to say thank you as well. I am now aware that you guys are in Orlando. That's great! & I'm also glad to find out that Leila is off her treatments and is doing really well. I wish your family the best and that Leila keeps up with her health. You guys are in our prayers and once again My family and I thank you for being such great people, and for loving and caring for Oscar like you did. & I'm pretty sure Oscar thinks the same from where he is. And please have no doubt that he will take care of your family and Leila, just like you did for him. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Minette